Masala Spice Cloverleaf Rolls
Recipe created by Megan Alexander (Chef Megan Catering)
Yield: 24 rolls
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water, between 90-110 degrees
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
¾ cup butter, melted, divided
¼ c. PUR Spice Masala Paste
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for kneading
¼ c. sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes until foamy and bubbles appear.
2. With hand mixer or paddle attachment, beat in milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, 1/4 cup of the
butter, masala paste, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add 2 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft
4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth about 6-8 minutes.
5. Add about 2 Tbsp melted butter and return dough to bowl. Turn to cover with butter.
Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm spot for about an hour, or until doubled.
6. Combine 1 Tbsp. cinnamon and ¼ c. sugar in small bowl. Grease 24 muffin cups. Punch
dough down and gently turn out onto lightly floured board or counter. Divide into 8 equal
pieces, like a pie. Cut each slice into 9 small pieces.
7. Place three balls, seam side down in each muffin cup. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle
with cinnamon sugar.
9. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 375.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted
Hint: While preparing dough, turn oven to 200 and place a small bowl of boiling water inside.
Allow to preheat to 100 degrees. Turn oven off and allow dough to rise inside.